Last Updated: March 14th, 2016
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you in various ways.
1.1. Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us, such as your name, email address, birthdate, postal address, zip code, phone number, photographs, demographic information, government ID, information about your biometrics, photograph, and any other information you choose to provide (“Personal Information”).
1.2. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services. We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services and we may tie this to information we otherwise collect about you. For example, we may collect:
(a) Transaction Information: When you use our kiosks, we collect information about your transaction, including but not limited to the transaction amount, exchange rate, destination wallet address for any virtual currency sent, date, time, and location (“Transaction Information”).
(b) Log Information: When you visit our websites or use our kiosks, some information is automatically logged, such as the computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type, language, and the sites you visited before navigating to our websites.
(c) Information Collected by Cookies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include placing cookies on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website(s). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which features are popular and count visits to our Services. For more information, please see “Information Choices and Changes” below.
(d) Information Collected by Web Beacons: We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and communication effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
1.3. Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine it with information we collect about you.
2. USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in connection with our Services. For example, we may use information about you to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services and send you related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, surveys, and support and administrative messages;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- protect our rights and property; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you with third parties, and by using the Services, you authorize us to share information as follows:
- we will share your public wallet address and any transaction details with the Bitcoin network in order to facilitate any transaction request you submit via the Services;
- with third party identity verification and anti-fraud services;
- with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with third parties for their own services and marketing purposes;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Coinme or others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- with your consent, or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
4. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
5. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Coinme takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
6. INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
6.1. Account Information. If you have an online account with Coinme, you may access, update and correct information about you by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing email@example.com. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to deactivate your account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
6.2. Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
6.3. Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Coinme may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above, and in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
8. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Tell us what you think!
We are constantly working to raise the bar on our services. If you have any questions or concerns about your experience, please let us know. Our support concierges are available 24/7.